I should’ve known by the reviews just how GOOD these cookies would turn out. I was in the mood for something that not only tasted yummy, but also looked pretty, and these crinkle cookies are IT.
If you follow my instagram, you’d know that one of my 2017 resolutions is to bake more. I love cooking and spending time in the kitchen, so I think baking is just the thing I need in 2017! Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Hershey’s Kisses candy cane flavored
1. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil and eggs with whisk until well mixed. Beat in vanilla and peppermint extract.
3. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. Place powdered sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into tablespoon-sized balls; roll into powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
5. Bake 10 – 12 minutes, until cookies crackle and dough doesn’t look raw. When cookies are done, immediately place KISSES candy in center of cookie and press lightly. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack. Cool completely until candy is set.
New mama, living a beautifully ordinary life in Seaside, Florida with my boys.